I don’t understand how all Muslims are called terrorists because of what one group of 19 extremist men did 13 years ago.
But white people aren’t called terrorists when they invaded their countries, killed millions of civilians, when they shoot up schools, shoot up movie theaters, and kill random POC. Isn’t that something.
Belfast is criss-crossed with walls and gates, which close at nights and on weekends. Houses near the walls have metal bars on the windows to guard against the rocks and bottles occasionally thrown over. Colorful murals and graffiti cover the walls. But they are a stark reminder of a city still divided. By religion — Catholic or Protestant — and politics — Unionists for Great Britain and Republicans for Ireland.
This is a legacy of The Troubles, and while the walls and gates are the most visible (and inconvenient) reminder, there are others. Half the city flies the Union Jack, half the Irish tricolor. And when new public housing is built in the city it is still built with a separating wall.
The only sort of pictures you should be reblogging of Jennifer Lawrence
have unfollowed 20+ blogs on here already and i will unfollow anyone else who reblogs nude photos taken NON-CONSENSUALLY from these women. it is sexual violation (fueled by the objectification of women) and anybody who participates that is the literal scum of the earth
i literally will always be mad about how the movies presented beauxbatons and durmstrang. i wanted snobby french boys rolling their eyes at hogwarts food and durmstrang girls in thick robes looking up in amazement at the great hall. harry potter is above this kind of sexist bullshit
Fun fact: according to Pottermore, JKR says that Durmstrang was founded by a woman.
The movies should have stepped it up.
- i am angry because this is just another example of women being shamed for taking nudes instead of the douchebag who spreads them being shamed for violating someone’s privacy like that
- i am angry because nobody deserves this, regardless of how i feel about their personality
- i am angry because this is pure misogyny and shows how women aren’t respected in our culture
- i am angry because she did not consent to having those pics posted everywhere but they still were
- i am angry because on the VERY RARE occasion this happens to a male celeb he is not shamed but rather the perpetrator is and it’s forgotten quickly whereas this will haunt jennifer for years and years to come
- i am angry because this was a sex crime and people are treating it like a joke
- i am angry because she is being exploited/objectified and some gross dudebros are probably jacking off to those pics
- i am angry because people are CONGRATULATING the fucker who did such an atrocious thing to her instead of being appalled
listen i may not like her personally but the fact remains that as a human being she is entitled to body autonomy and to choose who sees her naked body and who doesn’t
"So okay, I don’t want to be a traitor to my generation and all, but I don’t get how guys dress today. I mean, come on, it looks like they just fell out of bed and put on some baggy pants and take their greasy hair - ew - and cover it up with a backwards cap and, like, we’re expected to swoon? I don’t think so."
cher taught me that you don’t have to pretend boys are cute when they aren’t and i’ll always be indebted to her for that